Cosmetic dentistry can have an incredible impact on your life, improving your appearance and providing you with a level of confidence you may not have thought was possible. These are just a few of the procedures that can improve your smile – and possibly even your outlook on life.
Common Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
These are just a few of the cosmetic dentistry procedures that have proven to be very popular.
- Veneers – These are outer coverings, or shells, that are colored and shaped in the exact way you want. The procedure involves removing a portion of an existing tooth (or teeth) and replacing it with the new shell. This procedure can be performed on many teeth at once.
- Crowns – A crown can also be custom designed in the size, shape or color you want. Before the crown is inserted, your dentist will clear the tooth of any damage or decay.
- Bonding – This is a very convenient and fast way to fix teeth that have been damaged. The damaged area is first removed and then replaced with a composite resin that matches the color of the surrounding teeth. This is a great way to restore teeth that have been decayed, chipped or broken.
- Implants – A dental implant provides a high-quality, permanent fix for teeth that are missing.
- Stained teeth – This is one of the best ways to improve your smile. There are several different ways to remove stains or correct any problems with mis-colored teeth.
These just scratch the surface of the many cosmetic dentistry procedures that are available. Dr. Stephen Sims DDS has a great deal of experience helping patients improve their smiles to a point they never imagined possible. If you would like to learn more about the services Dr. Sims offers, please contact our office online or give us a call at (423) 622-5900.